Metz 36 AF-5 Flash Gun - Canon Fit
LIMITED TIME OFFER - Buy any Metz Flashgun from Premier Ink & Photographic, and receive 10 Energizer Industrial AA batteries FREE OF CHARGE!
The new Metz mecablitz 36AF-5 is the next generation of the mecablitz 36AF digital compact system. A direct replacement for the 36AF-4, the 36AF-5 design has been visually honed to suit the new Metz system flash unit range. Furthermore, the new model is equipped with a wide-angle diffuser which is suitable for illumination of wide-angle focal lengths from 18 mm (135 format). The Metz mecablitz 36 AF-5 digital is perfectly tailored to Canon, Nikon, Olympus/Panasonic, Pentax and Sony. Thanks to the new models, Metz has the perfect flash response for discerning novices.
Simple operation and clever special functions
The new mecablitz 36 AF-5 digital scores points with its simple operation. The vertically tilting swivel reflector also affords creative illumination options and bouncing flash. Another useful function of the compact flash is a manually adjustable zoom reflector. Optimum benefit can be drawn from the illumination angle of the 36 AF-5 digital in every situation by adjusting the reflector specifically to the various focal lengths (28/50/85). The flash-readiness indicator (subject to camera) in the view finder also offers helpful additional information. In tricky back light situations, applications such as fill-in flash (subject to camera) pose no problem for the mecablitz 36 AF-5 digital thanks to its GN 36. Furthermore, with integrated AF flash metering, the flash can also function effectively as a valuable focusing tool in difficult lighting conditions.
It goes without saying that the respective camera manufacturer’s sophisticated flash lighting technology can also be employed with the appropriate version of the mecablitz 36 AF-5 digital, in addition to several special functions, such as first and second shutter curtain synchronisation. Thus the 36 AF-5 digital offers E-TTL for Canon – i-TTL for Nikon – P-TTL for Pentax – four thirds TTL for Olympus/Panasonic/Leica and ADI for Sony.
Metz 36 AF-5 Specification:
- Max. guide number 36 for ISO 100/21° and 85 mm
- High flash numbers (e.g. 450 full flashes with alkaline-magnesium batteries)
- Vertically tilting swivel reflector +90°
- LED displays
- Manual zoom reflector for 28–85mm illumination
- Wide-angle diffuser for 18mm illumination included
- Flash readiness & correct exposure display on reverse of device and in camera viewfinder (subject to camera)
- 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronisation (subject to camera)
- Automatic fill-in flash (subject to camera)
- E-TTL flash mode (Canon), i-TTL flash mode (Nikon), P-TTL flash mode (Pentax), Four thirds TTL flash mode (Olympus / Panasonic / Leica), ADI flash mode (Sony)
- Ready for the future - Firmware update possible via Metz service
- Power supply: 4 x AA batteries